Sunday, April 5, 2009

Reflection

Out Stealing Horses was a novel that gave me an insight into a complex Character. Trond was for than just 2-d, he had a rough childhood and even a rougher adult hood. Although the book had its high points, for the most part it was extremely slow moving. It seemed as though a large portion of the book was Trond reconciling and thinking about his past. It seemed like i also couldnt relate to Trond because of the character that he was. He was a quite man who lived in a lonely house in the middle of Norweigen woods. Only after about halfway through the book did we understand enough about Trond that we saw his hesitency to befriend his neighbor. Although there were prominent parts I didnt like, I enjoyed the way the book was written. It reminded me a lot of Cormac McCarthy's style, short and to the point. overall, I didnt mind the book but I might have enjoyed another read hearing from other books that students read.

No comments:

Post a Comment