Sunday, March 29, 2009

reflection

After reading the book, All The Pretty Horses by Per Petterson, I thought it was fairly dull. It did not exceed to my expectations. I was not disapointed, I just got kind of bored while reading it. The most interesting part of the novel were Trond's flashbacks, but other than that I felt as if there was just writting to fill the pages. My favorite flashback was the one when Trond and Jon were out stealing horses at Mr. Barkald's farm. I thought it showed a more lively side of Trond where he didn't depict every outcome of the situation. It was refreshing seeing Trond get involved with something, being rebellious, and enjoy himself, instead of when he is old. When he is older it seems as if he only sulks on the past and doesn't do anything interesing. The plot didn't follow much of a storyline, and in my opinion, some of the thoughts were not connected very well. I would give this book a 3 out of 5, because despite the outline of the book, it was well written. The words were well thought out, and they painted some very clear pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment